Classic Roulette by Playtech
While Playtech is known for its exotic roulette variants the most, its portfolio contains “vanilla” options too. Classic Roulette, released in May 2018, fits into this description perfectly: this is a good-old European roulette game with French bets. It does not have any side bets, multipliers, or any other bells and whistles: Classic Roulette, as the name implies, offers classic gameplay. However, the interface is optimized for mobile and touch controls, so playing on mobile devices, no matter the screen size, is a very satisfying experience.
Classic Roulette Features
- Because it is a classic version without any side bets, the RTP is the standard value of European roulette: 97,30%.
- The betting range is in line with other Playtech roulette games. The minimum table limit is 0.10, while the maximum limit is set at 100.
- The maximum table payout limit is 10.000.
- You can place Neighbours, Tier, Orphelins, and Voisins Du Zero bets too. These French bets can be viewed by clicking the tiny racetrack icon on the interface.
- Because the game is optimized for mobile, there are very few buttons on the interface. This is a good thing for desktop devices, too, because you can see the game area more easily.
Classic Roulette is European roulette, so there is only one zero pocket on the wheel. The chip values start from 0.01, the maximum value is 100. You won’t find side bets, multipliers, or bonus features, but there are a couple of interface elements that can help you:
- The bar on the top right corner shows how much of the wheel you are covering with your bets. It will begin to fill up once you start placing your bets.
- You can clear all bets or undo the last bet using the relevant interface buttons.
- The “rebet” button lets you repeat your last bet with the same wager.
- There is a vertical bar next to the wheel: it lets you keep track of the last spin results.
And that’s it: you can start playing in mere seconds, there is nothing new to learn. Since this is the vanilla version of European roulette, it will be a good choice for beginners too. Moreover, it will introduce you to the French (racetrack) bets, which can be seen in many other roulette variants. The paytable of the game is the same as European roulette too:
- Straight Up: 35:1
- Split: 17:1
- Street: 11:1
- Corner: 8:1
- Line: 5:1
- Column/Dozen: 2:1
- Low/High, Red/Black, Odd/Even: 1:1
How to play Classic Roulette
- Click on a chip at the bottom left corner. The value on the chip represents your wager. You need a 0.10 minimum to enter the game, but other than that, you are free to pick any chip value you want.
- To place a bet, you need to put your chip on the table, on top of your choice. You can your luck on a single number, which pays the most. You can place a chip to cover multiple numbers up to 18. Or you can bet on whether the outcome will be red/black or odd/even. Each option offers a different payout and a different winning chance.
- After making your selection, click the “spin” button and start the game. If your selection wins, you will get paid according to the bet type you choose, which we explained above. If you can’t win, you can try your luck again.
Pros & Cons
- The perfect option for beginners
- Includes racetrack bets too
- Classic and old-school gameplay
- Optimized for mobile
- Some players may find the gameplay too “old-school”
- No multipliers or side bets