Spread Bet Roulette by Playtech
Playtech developed several roulette variants between 2010 and 2020, most of them containing quite interesting mechanics. Launched in July 2019, Spread Bet Roulette is one of them. At first sight, it looks like classic European roulette with a racetrack, but if you look closer, you will notice another circle on the wheel: that is what makes it special. Due to this feature, it is possible to win up to 400:1 on a single bet. In addition, landing the ball on zero will double the payouts of all side bets (spread bets).
Features & Characteristics of the Game
- The RTP of Spread Bet Roulette is 96,57%, which is almost 1% lower than classic European roulette. Note that this applies only if you try the spread bets: if you play the game without them, the RTP will still be 97,30%.
- The game features racetrack bets, too (Tier, Neighbours, Orphelins, and Voisins du Zero bets).
- 0.10 is the minimum amount you can place to play the game. The maximum bet value is 100.
- 10.000 is the maximum payout of the normal game. The bonus feature (spread bets), however, can pay up to 40.000 (400:1).
Take a look at the wheel and the table before you start to play. You will notice two things: first, there is a golden-colored inner circle with more numbers. Second, there are 7 side bets located at the bottom of the table. Both represent the “spread bets” feature. It works like this:
- You can place an additional bet for the numbers on the golden circle. The side bets at the bottom show what your options are: 0-1, 2-11, 12-18, 19-33, 34-54, 55-67, or 68-72 (all numbers between these ranges).
- When the wheel stops, the sum of outer and inner circles is used to determine whether you win or not. Let’s say you placed a bet for “7” (outer circle) and the “55-67” range (inner circle); and the spin result is “28”. The pocket corresponding to 28 on the inner circle is “23”. The sum of 28 + 23 is “51”. You will lose your main bet (7) but win your side bet, because it is in this range (55-67).
Basically, the result of spread bets is the sum of both circles. And if the ball lands on “0” on the outer circle (main wheel), the payouts of spread bets will be doubled. Spread bets have their own payouts, which can be seen in the list below:
- 0-1: 400 to 1
- 2-11: 15 to 1
- 12-18: 10 to 1
- 19-33: 2 to 1
- 34-54: 1 to 1
- 55-67: 7 to 1
- 68-72: 80 to 1
Playing Spread Bet Roulette
While the interface looks a little different due to the spread bets feature, the game can be played like any other European roulette variant.
- Select your chips first using the menu on the left. Their values range between 0.01 and 100. You need to place 0.10 (minimum) to play.
- Place your bet for the outer wheel (main wheel) first. As usual, your options are a single number, a range of numbers, a color, or odd/even numbers.
- If you want to use the bonus feature, place another bet for the inner wheel (golden circle), too, by using one of the seven outcomes at the bottom of the table, as explained above.
- Spin the wheel. You will see two results: the outcome of the main wheel and the sum of the main + inner wheel. Both can win or lose, or one of them wins and the other one loses. Your payout will be calculated accordingly.
Pros and Cons of Spread Bet Roulette
- Spread bets are fun & interesting
- You can win up to 400 times the total bet
- You are not forced to use the spread bets: they are optional
- The RTP drops 1% when you use the bonus feature
- The interface is not optimized for mobile devices