Pinball Roulette by Playtech
When it comes to roulette variants, we can say that Playtech has some pretty interesting ideas. Launched in August 2016, Pinball Roulette is a good example of this. This is a game that basically combines a roulette table with a pinball machine: there is no wheel, but the layout of the table is European variant, with a single 0. If you ever dreamed of betting on roulette numbers and trying to score them playing pinball instead of spinning a wheel, this is the game you should play. There is a bonus game too, which offers a chance to win up to 10x total bet.
Pinball Roulette Features
- The RTP of Pinball Roulette is 97,30%, which is the same as classic European roulette. This is a surprising figure, considering the randomness of pinball games.
- There is no wheel to spin or side bets. The game interface consists of a pinball game and a European roulette table, with all the usual betting options.
- The minimum bet required to play the game is 1. You can go as high as 10.000 (maximum bet).
- The maximum multipliers payout is 10x total bet, which corresponds to 100.000 (10 x 10.000).
The gameplay is quite different, as there is no wheel to spin. Basically, the bottom of the pinball game screen contains all the numbers on the roulette table. This section is played like a regular pinball game: there are four flippers and four bumpers. However, the goal is different: in regular pinball, your goal is to keep the ball up for as long as possible without dropping it down. Here, the goal is to get it to land in the right place.
First, you place your bet on the roulette table, then you start playing pinball. If the ball lands on the number (or numbers) you have chosen, you win the bet. The paytable remains unchanged: the bet options and payout values of European roulette are in use. If you don't want to waste time playing pinball, you can use the "turbo bet" option and see what the result is right away. There are two important features you should know:
- If the ball hits the bumpers, you win a multiplier value. If you win the game, the payout is multiplied by this value.
- After making a win, you can play a minigame if you wish – this is optional, you can also choose to collect your payment and continue. If you choose to play, a real pinball game begins, where you can win up to 10x your stake.
How to play Pinball Roulette
- Start by placing your chip (or chips) on the roulette table. You can select any outcome included in European roulette, which means you can bet on a single number, a range of numbers, red/black, or odd/even.
- After placing your bet, click the “play” button. From now on, you will play the pinball game and it works like any other pinball machine: use the flippers to guide the ball and try to hit the bumpers to gain multipliers.
- Sooner or later, the ball will drop down. If it lands on your chosen bet, you will get a payout based on your selection (it will be between 1:1 and 35:1, just like classic European roulette).
- If you win, you can collect the payout and continue or start the mini-game: the choice is yours.
- If you start the mini-game, you will play an actual pinball game which includes multipliers between 1x and 10x. This means you can win 10 times the payout. However, you can also lose this mini-game, and if this happens, you will lose the payout too - this is why it is called a “risk game”.
Pros & Cons
- Adding a pinball game to roulette is a bright idea
- Same RTP as European roulette
- Mobile-optimized interface
- The bonus game may cause you to lose the whole payout
- The pinball game may not be everyone’s cup of tea