Red Door Roulette is one of Evolution Gaming's newest titles. It was published in November 2023, and we can say that it is already very popular. You can think of it as a European roulette-based live game that combines Lightning Roulette and Crazy Time features. The main game includes multipliers, and these can go even higher in the Wheel of Fortune bonus, up to a maximum of 4,000x.
The interface and studio design are no different from other Evolution games. The main studio features a single automatic roulette wheel and a presenter. Just behind the wheel, there is a large slot reel. When the Crazy Time bonus is triggered, you are transported to a virtual studio (through a red door). Balance/win information is displayed at the bottom left of the interface, basic betting options are displayed in the middle, and racetrack & statistics information are displayed at the bottom right. The chat screen is placed in the upper left corner, and you can access basic settings (audio, camera angles, help, etc.) from the upper right corner. The same design is used in the desktop and mobile versions of the game.
Features & Differences of Red Door Roulette
This is a European roulette variant; the wheel contains only 37 numbers (single-zero). As with most other multiplier live roulette games, you can only trigger the bonus features in Red Door Roulette with straight bets. So, if you place any other inside or outside bet, you are just playing classic European roulette. We can explain the bonuses and differences of the game as follows:
- The game begins with players placing their bets. A period of 20 seconds has been set for this. Once the bets are placed and before the wheel starts spinning, the presenter spins the big slot reel right behind him/her.
- This reel stops at a random number between 3 and 15. The spin result determines how many key numbers (you can think of them as ‘lucky numbers’) will be selected. For example, if the result is 5, this means 5 key numbers will be chosen in that round.
- Before the roulette wheel starts to spin, key numbers are selected randomly. You can easily see these numbers because a key symbol is placed on them, and some (this is important, not all, only some of them) get a random multiplier value between 2x and 20x.
- The roulette wheel spins automatically. If the result is a key number, the Crazy Time bonus starts. If the result is not a key number, the payout will only be 1:19 for straight bets, instead of the usual 1:35.
- Crazy Time bonus is a giant Wheel of Fortune presented in a virtual studio. The presenter enters this studio through a red door, hence the name. There are 64 segments on the wheel and each one has a different multiplier value or a “double” outcome.
- If the result is “double”, all the multiplier values are doubled, and the wheel is spun again. Multiple times in a row the result can be “double”, and each time the multipliers will continue to increase – the maximum limit of this is set at 4,000x.
- If the result is a multiplier, the key number multiplier will be used to determine what the total payment will be.
For example, let's say the roulette wheel outcome is a key number with 5 and the Crazy Time wheel outcome is 100x. In this case, you get a payout of 500x (5 x 100). If the key number does not have a multiplier value, only the result of the Crazy Time wheel will be taken into account.
Due to the reduced payout value, the RTP of Red Door Roulette is 97.09% for straight bets. For all other bets, the standard European roulette RTP (97.30%) applies. However, as we will point out below, placing a bet other than straight is a waste of time. Because all the bonus features of the game are triggered only when a key number (a straight bet) wins.
Betting Limits of Red Door Roulette
The table/betting limits that will apply to Red Door Roulette will be different in each casino. In other words, there is no fixed range. However, we can say that the limits we see most frequently are 0.50 (minimum) – 10,000 (maximum). In any case, you will not have difficulty finding a betting range that suits your budget. Note that the minimum and maximum bet limits will be displayed on the upper left corner of the interface.
Red Door Roulette Pros & Cons
- The game's maximum payout is 4,000 times the bet: this is quite high among live roulette games.
- Up to 15 key numbers can be selected in each round. This means there is a higher chance of triggering the bonus feature compared to similar variants.
- If it is not selected as a key number, you only get a 1:19 payout for straight bets: this is quite low.
- If the bonus round starts with a key number without a multiplier, the payout potential is reduced (and this can happen quite frequently).
Tips & Tricks for Red Door Roulette
Place multiple straight up bets
Try to place as many straight bets as possible to increase your chances of getting into the bonus round. The more you place, the better your chances. Ideally, you should aim to cover 30% - 33% of all straight numbers (12 - 13 in total).
Use the favorite bets feature
Clicking on the table multiple times with each new round takes time. After placing a particular bet, you can save and replace it with just one click. You can access this feature using the “star” button at the bottom right of the interface.
Don't waste time with other roulette bets
Do not place any bets other than straight, as otherwise, the game is no different from classic European roulette. And if you want to play classic European roulette, you already have other options. Focus only on single-number bets.
The game has two different RTP values: 97.09% for straight (single number) bets and 97.30% for all other bets. In other words, you can get the same RTP value as European roulette, except for straight bets.
The game's maximum payout is set at 4,000x, which can only be won in the Crazy Time bonus. This equates to £$€500,000. No matter what your bet amount is (and no matter how lucky you are with the Crazy Time bonus) you can't win more than that.
This is a new and popular game due to its high payout potential, meaning you can find it in almost every online casino that works with Evolution Gaming. However, in order to get the best possible experience, we recommend that you choose one of the casinos we picked.
Since multiplier payouts can only happen in the bonus feature and this feature can only be triggered with straight bets, the best strategy would be to place as many straight bets as possible in each round.
No. Evolution Gaming, the provider of this game, is licensed by the UK Gambling Commission & Malta Gaming Authority and the fairness of all its games is guaranteed by an eCOGRA certificate. As long as you play in a licensed (legal) casino, you won’t have any problems.